Home & office organization
find anwers about working with Best Kept Spaces
Q: What is a professional organizer?
A: Combining experience and knowledge, a professional organizer uses tested principles to develop custom organizing systems and teach organizational skills to clients.
Q: When should I hire a professional organizer?
A: There are a variety of reasons -- do you answer yes to one or more of these questions?
Overwhelmed by belongings, or the discord in your space?
Trouble finding things you really need?
Know how you want something done, but the project is too big to do alone?
Too busy to do it yourself?
Want to do it, but don’t know where to start?
Need a cheerleader to support and encourage you?
Ready to move and need to determine what to take and what to leave?
Moved and want to start with a fresh organization system in place?
Downsizing into a smaller space, or upgrading into a large one?
Starting a new business, or business is growing?
You or your loved ones are aging?
Making room for a new family member?
A loved one has died?
Children are leaving the nest?
You, or someone you love, has special needs?
Q: What are the benefits to getting organized?
A: You may find that organizing increases your energy, confidence, and sense of purpose. You may also experience a decrease in stress, guilt, and complications in your life and space. You will discover that you can quickly find what you need, have time to complete other projects, and showcase the beauty of your home. Saving space, time, and money are an added bonus to organizing.
Q: What spaces do you organize?
A: Kitchen, Pantry, Dining Room, Living room, Family Room, Den, Rec Room, Entryway, Mud room, Home gym, Craft Room, Play Room, Library, Bedroom, Bathroom, Closets, Laundry Room, Garage, Shed, Porches, Home office, Small Business, Paper and digital document retention and storage.
Q: Where are you located and what areas do you serve?
A: We're located in Lake County, Florida and serve the Orlando Metropolitan Area, including Lake, Seminole, Orange, and Osceola counties. We can travel outside of our service area, but travel charges may apply.
Q: What is the Best Kept Spaces process?
A: We regularly do the following:
1. Schedule on-site consultation: Together we'll review your space and create a plan of action to declutter and organize in a way that best fits your needs.
2. Discover your organizing style
3. Pick a place to start: What is most pressing or stressful to you? Let’s get that done right away.
4. Let the sorting begin: Keep, donate, return, trash.
5. Evaluate: Take a look at your keep items and decide the best way to organize them in their assigned spaces.
6. Recommend products: We try to use your existing organizational products and storage first. If you’re ready for an upgrade, or need a few more, we’ll create a shopping list.
7. Set it free!: Remove donations and trash items from the home.
8. Shopping: You can purchase recommended products for yourself, or we can do the shopping for you.
9. Final touches: Install new organizational products and admire your handiwork.
10. Functionality check: Give it a few days or weeks, and let us know what isn’t working for you. If we need to make adjustments, let’s discuss some new tactics.
11. Long-term maintenance: Schedule a routine check-in to make sure the system is still working great, and receive assistance returning everything to its organized state. No matter how organized you are, life gets busy. Good news! This part takes much less time now that you already have a system in place.
Q: Do I need to be present during the process?
A: This is up to you. Most of our clients like to be there every step of the process, while others prefer to let us do the work. Some clients only need to be inspired and they’re okay finishing the job themselves. Ultimately, the process moves quicker and is more tailored to your needs when you are part of it.
Q: How long will it take to organize my home or office?
A: It depends on the size of your space, the amount of items, the complexity of the systems, the need for purchasing bins, and your motivation to get it done. We will give you an estimated time it may take to get the project completed.
Q: Do you offer gift certificates?
A: Yes! Please call or email us for information on how to obtain one.
Q: Do you perform installations, such as custom closets?
A: No, we do not, but we know people who can assist you, so please ask.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: We accept payment via cash, check, mobile payment through Zelle, and all major credit cards through Angi Pay.